thesis!!!!!!

Go down

thesis!!!!!!

Post by schmaltzy on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:14 am

Down Cry cry wahh!!!!!!!!!!! dizzy
Sad OMGWTFBBQ! i don't know what and how to do it!!!!! Shocked
loner Crying or Very sad how exactly do you make a concepual framework?!?!Wah! ... i don't know how to start my chapter 1...
Argh! sob help... eheheheh ... (sorry bout the number of smileys) Rage Freeze
schmaltzy
Level 4
Level 4

Female
Number of posts : 64
Job/hobbies : reading, sketching, eating, sleeping, music
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: thesis!!!!!!

Post by akazooken on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:26 pm

interesting.. we also have to do a sort of thesis for our filipino.. hmm.. sould you define what a conceptual framework is haha.. is it the same as a paradigm? (something consisting of input-process-output)

Admin

Female
Number of posts : 87
Job/hobbies : currently a Hematophobic Cardiothoracic surgeon of Seattle Grace Hospital
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile http://theglassprism.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by schmaltzy on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:45 am

yes!!! ... it's under the ... "Balangkas Teoretikal, Konseptual at Paradigm ng Pag-aaral"....
schmaltzy
Level 4
Level 4

Female
Number of posts : 64
Job/hobbies : reading, sketching, eating, sleeping, music
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by akazooken on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:37 pm

hmm lets see.. Smoking is Bad I'm not entirely sure how to help you since we're not sure if we have the exact same problem.. but anyway let me just help you based on what we're currently doing..

1. Choosing a Topic...

have you chosen your study yet? I mean.. your topic on what you want to research about.. like for us.. our study is about the effects of the internet on the studies of BSN 1 student of SLU.. if you haven't chosen your topic yet, here would be some points to consider:

a. InterestIdea

It's better to have a topic that you're actually interested in rather than a topic that you just picked randomly, or picked to look impressive. You liking the topic will inspire you to actually do a god job and put your best efforts in it.

b. Relevance

Make sure that the topic you choose is of certain relevance. Just because you like the topic doesn't mean it can be about anything. You should consider the factor of how important the topic could be in the real world. A topic entitled "What the most boring subject in my 3rd year was." could be a topic of your interest, but it is completely and utterly irrelevant. Choosing a topic that actually has an importance will not only make your teacher happier about your topic, but it could also be important to you.

c. Time/Recencydizzy

Unless it's relevant to our current problems, your topic should be focused on what is happening now. It's futile to choose a topic like "the disco fever in the 70's." To be quite frank, no one would care. Would it addresss the problem of a stronger peso but an increase in prices? What about the problems on the lack of education in rural areas? If they can't answer the questions that affect me now, why would they bother reading it?

d. ResourcesRage

Take note that thesis is synonimous to research. Taking the prefix 're' which means 'to do again', we can see that research means 'to search again'. This means that you don't have to start completely from scratch. Find a topic that actually has a reference. No, I am not encouraging plagiarism. I am simply saying that's it's next to impossible to do a search on something that does not have any data to begin with. This is where the use of surveys, questionnaires etc. comes in. It also doesn't hurt to look at old studies, find their weak points and revise them or get their studies as a base for yours. Learning from your mistakes is good, but learning from others' is also advisable. You don't have to experience the consequences that come with the error.

2. Stating the ProblemQuestion

like in Research, the thesis also requires you to form objectives on problem. As I recall, back in City High, Investigatory Projects had 1 General Problem/Objective and 3 Specific Probs/Objs. In my experience here in SLU, we were not required to have generals and specifics. Anyway, this should be simple enough. You just have to identify what you want your study to accomplish. For example, for a study entitled "The reading abilities of 1st year students of BCNHS and its effect on their English grades" could have a gen problem of "What are the effects of the reading abilities of Reading abilities of blahblahblah". Remember thatin choosing your problems, the questions you choose should not only be answered by 'yes' or 'no'.

3. Paradigmstudy

this is just the framework of your study. It's basically a rough draft of what you're going to do to accomplish your study.

a. Inputsinister
This one, I'm not entirely sure. But based on what we've done and my other classmates, the input is actually just your General Problems and Objectives stated in declarative form not in question form.

b. Processingcheers
The processing involves the data: acquiring and manipulating it. This is where the questionnaires come in. It's how you're gonna get the data and what you're gonna do to the data you get.

c. Output
This is like your hypothesis. What you think you'll be getting as a result from your manipulation of your data.

I'm not sure if this would help you at all for a lot of reasons. The first being, like I said, we're not exactly in the same school/class or whatever. What you're doing may not be congruent to what you're doing. I adise you just take what I wrote as a guideline perhaps and not a 'how to'. The second is that I admit I am no authority. I, just like you, am a mere student. I will not attempt to say I am an expert on something I clearly am not. My best advise to you would be to actually approach your teacher. S/he's the only one who can tell you for sure what you have to do and how you can do it. sorry

Hope I helped somehow..

Good luck with your study!Bye! prance!

Admin

Female
Number of posts : 87
Job/hobbies : currently a Hematophobic Cardiothoracic surgeon of Seattle Grace Hospital
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile http://theglassprism.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by marivic45 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 am

A thesis is not a story: it usually doesn't follow the chronology of things that you tried. It's a formal document designed to answer only a few major questions. You ar intended to make some arguments of your chosen topic.

marivic45
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: