recently read...

Go down

recently read...

Post by schmaltzy on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:14 am

hallo!!

just finished stardust and the supernaturalists...

stardust by neil gaiman....
i guess you're pretty familiar with this one since its been already adopted as a movie.. you might have already watched the movie too..
it's a good story... the thing that puts me off is the margin and text of the book.. i guess i'm not used to a rather big font size and rather large indentations anymore...
it's one of my favorites from neil gaiman's works maybe it's quite different compared to his other novels...(ot) some of his works are: american gods, good omens(with terry pratchett), anansi boys... etc)
read it... :D

the supernaturalists by eoin colfer...
he's got a wild imagination.. but something at the back of my mind keeps telling me that this is how our future might end up if pollution goes non stop...
anyway... i'm a fan... eehehe

hope there's a sequel to this.. bitin eh... uhm is there?
schmaltzy
Level 4
Level 4

Female
Number of posts : 64
Job/hobbies : reading, sketching, eating, sleeping, music
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: recently read...

Post by hmm00 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:25 pm

Have you checked Colfer's site? It's been more than a year since I've visited it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's in the book. You can find updates there. Also, there's a new book to add to the Fowl series if I'm not mistaken. It should be in the Philippines by now since, if I remember correctly, my friend informed me of it a year ago.

The Supernaturalists is full of twists. Very unpredictable. Which is exactly what keeps you reading till the end.

Want to earn money? Click:

You won't lose anything. ^_^
hmm00
Admin

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://twilight.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by schwa on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm

currenlty reading The Eye of the World.. book one of The Wheel of Time...
it's a good read with lots of details to keep your imagination working... it's about more than 700 pages in length and has mini grocery at the end because it concerns a whole new world...

it's an interesting book.. makes you think a lot... haha... :D
schwa
Level 2
Level 2

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by akazooken on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:51 pm

just finished reading .hack// AI buster..

this novel (yep novel, not manga) introduces 3 new characters that move around The World.. Albireo, Lycoris and Hokuto.. it's a novel telling the story of Albireo and a prototype of the ultimate AI, Lycoris, and of how Orca and Balmung defeated 'The One Sin' and became the Descendants of Fianna. (wiki)

this story shows just how complicated The World - the most intricate mmorpg ever made - really is.

la lang.. hehe.. I find the .hack// saga/series/whatever awesome.. it reminds me of ragnarok.. MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role-playing games) rock.. lolz..

a good read for fans of mmorpgs and manga (not manga but with manga illustrations) and the .hack// saga/series/whatever.. but if you're not familiar with RPGs(role-playing games).. or the .hack// saga/series/whatever.. you might not appreciate it..

hehe.. added note.. ever wonder where the name Twilight forums originated? well.. I'm not completely sure either.. but check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack//Legend_of_the_Twilight

Admin

Female
Number of posts : 87
Job/hobbies : currently a Hematophobic Cardiothoracic surgeon of Seattle Grace Hospital
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile http://theglassprism.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hmm00 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Ahk! I can't bring myself to finish reading "The Street Lawyer"

Want to earn money? Click:

You won't lose anything. ^_^
hmm00
Admin

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://twilight.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by schwa on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:09 pm

lol... i noticed my typo just now... it's not grocery it's glossary...... wahahahah.. :rofl:
hahah......
schwa
Level 2
Level 2

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down